Ata Karim, PhD, MSIO
Description of Counselor/Practice
I welcome clients of all backgrounds and offer culturally responsive services that honor your cultural and faith traditions as part of your identity.
I offer therapy and psychological assessment services for adult individuals and couples. I can offer you support and help if you are dealing with:
• Labor & Industry referrals for assessment, therapy or both to get you back to work
• Working professionals dealing with stress, professional burnout, workplace conflicts, career problems
• South Asian needing services in Punjabi, Hindi or Urdu
• First generation immigrants struggling with adjustment & intercultural challenges in their work, life,
relationships and communities?
• Couples challenged by their Intercultural and interfaith relationships and families?
• Parents anxious about their children not following faith and cultural traditions?
• Muslim and struggling with Islamophobia and other cultural adjustment issues due to faith and culture.
• Professionals of Color dealing with prejudice and discrimination in the workplace
As a first-generation South Asian American, Muslim psychologist, I offer:
• Extensive experience, licensed since 1999
• Experienced in culturally responsive Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Solution Focused Brief Therapy,
and Mindfulness approaches.
• Deep and nuance understanding of South Asian and Islamic cultural and faith traditions
• Extensive experience working with racially, culturally and faith oppressed communities
• Culturally & spiritually contextualized integrative therapeutic framework, to meet the client’s cultural and
faith identity needs.